UNICOM is pleased to announce their annual Behavioral Models and Sentiment Analysis Applied to Finance Conference and Workshop Series
Sentiment Analysis Conference, London, Millennium Mayfair, 18 – 19 June 2014: This conference is a one of a kind event ; it looks specifically at how media sentiment (news wires , social media micro blogs, twitter) impact the financial markets. UNICOM has brought together a unique group of academic and industry researchers whose work is exclusively focused in this domain. This one-week event series would be of great value to quant research teams within Hedge Funds, Investment Management and Trading desks of investment banks.
The major finance industry players such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, RavenPack, Northfield Information Services, Deltix and Market Psych are participating and presenting their analytic research and services products.
In addition to presentations by leading academics from USA, UK , Europe and Asia there are three panel sessions on the following topics:
1. Adoption of Sentiment Analysis for Fund Management and Trading Strategies
2. Use of News and Social Media Data for Market Surveillance & Operational Risk Control
3. Data Sources: Market Data, News (Meta) Data, Social Media Data, Micro blogs(Twitter), Google Trends & others
For full details of the programme please visit http://conferences.unicom.co.uk/sentiment-analysis/programme.php
Pre and Post Conference Workshops, London, Fitch Learning, 16 – 17 & 20 June 2014: These workshops are hosted by industry professionals and cover the topics of:
1. Market Microstructure, Liquidity and Automated Trading – 16 & 17 June
2. Sentiment Classification and Opinion Mining Using News Wires and Micro Blogs – 20 June