MOPS is a high performance LP and MILP solver system based on state-of-the-art algorithms and their efficient implementation.
- Advanced LP-preprocessing algorithms to remove redundancies in LP/IP-models
- Primal and dual simplex algorithms with efficient LU-technology, support of hypersparsity and various pricing strategies
- Fast Interior point (barrier) algorithm with optimal basis identification
- sophisticated IP-Preprocessing with most known mathematical techniques to strengthen the LP-relaxation of the IP-model
- cuts derived during IP-preprocessing are stored in a cut pool.
- various heuristic algorithms are possible to find initial integer solutions
- a branch-and-bound / cut algorithm offers a number of node and branching heuristics
- MOPS is a proven system - it is used in decision support systems of large companies since 1990.
There are 32 & 64 bit versions of MOPS (Studio) which run on 32 & 64 Windows versions (Win2000, XP, XP64, Vista) and Intel and AMD processors.
LP preprocessing Results on some Large LP-Models
LP solution times with MOPS V10 on IntelCore2Duo (2.67) (times in seconds)
1: Netlib [Netlib03], 2: own source, 3: unknown; ia64: 64 Bit version of MOPS was used; nt: not tested PSX: Primal Simplex; DSX: Dual Simplex; IPM: interior point method
Example of Use
To see the MOPS Example of Use please click here.